General Fishing Rules
GENERAL FISHING RULES
1. Fishing and car parking at anglers' own risk.
2. Members must be in possession of a current Environment Agency Rod Licence. All EA rules apply.
3. The fishing season is stated in individual water rules.
4. Maximum of 2 rods per person allowed.
5. Juvenile members under the age of 14 years are only allowed to fish when accompanied by an adult. Juvenile members are only allowed to night fish if they are accompanied by a member who is their parent/legal guardian or by a member over the age of 18 years who holds in loco parentis responsibility for them during their stay on the water; the member must fish the adjacent swim. A person must be a minimum of 12 years of age on the 1st January 2013 to be a Juvenile member and must be 16 to become a Senior Member.
6. A member may, during the daytime, be accompanied by his/her children who are under the age for juvenile membership if they fish, with 1 rod only per child, the same peg as himself/herself.
7. No member to leave his/her rods unattended with lines cast in or with baited hooks.
8. Any member who leaves his/her swim for more than one hour must vacate it. Members are not allowed to reserve swims. If a member wishes to relocate to a new swim he/she must deposit substantial items at the new swim whilst he/she collects the rest of his/her tackle without delay.
9. No member to encroach within 15 metres of another member's swim unless by mutual consent.
10.No member is to fish more than half the distance between themselves and a member on the opposite bank. On rivers, members must not fish opposite another angler.
11. No swimming, no wading beyond thigh depth. No boats/floating aids to be used for baiting swims.
12. The use of un-hooking mats is compulsory where specimen fish are the quarry of the angler.
13. Members must not use treble hooks except for Pike fishing. Curved long shank hooks are not allowed on any Society water.
14. No fish to be removed from any water unless a written authority has been issued by the Fishery Manager.
15. Anglers must use 15 lb minimum breaking strain line and min 20 lb trace wire when fishing for pike.
16. Anglers must use 15 lb minimum breaking strain line when fishing for specimen carp.
17. Specimen fish must not be retained in sacks.
18. Fish must not be kept out of water for photographic purposes for longer than is absolutely necessary.
19. No fires and no bad language.
20. No radios, TVs or any other electronic devices for producing sound for entertainment purposes to be used by the waters; however, Members may use a device which outputs sound by means of personal earpiece(s)
21. Pegs must be kept clear of litter at all times. All litter, including any waste line, must be taken away from the fisheries; under no circumstances is it to be left in litter bins which may exist on the waters.
22. Birds, their nests and eggs, or any other wildlife must not be interfered with or disturbed in any way. 23. Members must not cut or remove trees, bushes or marginal water plants.
24. All gates are to be closed; fences and hedges are not to be damaged.
25. The portion of a water scheduled for a match is closed from midnight on the day of a match until the match terminates. All matches fished to AT Rules.
26. Members are not allowed on any water during the relevant close season unless on official business.
28 Members must carry their membership card when a) on any of our waters and produce it to any other member or bailiff or representative of the owner of the water b) when attending the AGM.
29. All accidents or contravention of Rules to be reported to the Secretary immediately.
30. A good relationship exists between our Society and the Sailing Clubs that share the waters; do not damage this relationship.
31. All our waters are looked after very carefully and we have a planned fishery management policy for each water. To carry out this policy a great deal of work is carried out. Every member will be expected to carry out a work party if called upon by the Management Committee.
32 Members are encouraged to send in catch returns for all waters.
33. Any member who violates the Rules will be called before the Disciplinary Committee.
34. The consumption of Alcohol is forbidden on all Society waters.
35. No metal tins containing bait to be taken to any water.
It is the responsibility of every Member to read the rules. No excuse will be accepted from Members that they were unaware or did not understand the rules.